Facebook is one of the most powerful marketing tools available to the real estate market, allowing you to showcase your brand and offering to over 2.7 billion active monthly users. In 2019 alone, 58-68% of all Australians used Facebook at least once a month, with the average Australian using social media for about 1.5 hours per day. With COVID-19, we saw the rise of virtual tours and more reliance on online real estate searches, making the move online and utilisting Facebook for generating leads and interest is becoming more important than ever.
- It’s visual and interactive – You can put almost any type of marketing content on Facebook, from videos and photographs to sponsored ads and live Q&As, and anyone who sees your content can comment, like it, ask questions and follow links directly to your website or listing. It’s a real engagement opportunity that serves to drive high-value traffic to you.
- It’s personal – Social media is all about creating personal relationships between people, and even between people and brands. You can talk one-on-one at a click of a button, send a private message and get contact details for leads and more with complete ease. What’s more, you can use their algorithm to target specific segments of your market by gender, income, geographic location and much more, so the only people who see your ads are the people most interested in them.
- It’s affordable – Facebook advertising is very cost-effective, especially when you compare it to traditional marketing costs. You get a lot of features and variety for your money, as well as getting to set your own budget and work within it. All it takes is time and creativity.
How to Get Started
Start by setting up your business account on Facebook, allowing you to put a face to your brand and giving social media users access to critical contact information. Don’t be afraid to go personal – put your face out there like a business card, but keep it professional and brand-appropriate.
Then, identify who your target demographic is. These are your ideal leads – the people most likely to engage with your content and be interested in what you’re selling. Facebook has immense user data capabilities that help streamline this process, classifying users by everything from their income and marital status to their location and even their favourite TV shows.
Once this is all set up, you can access the Ads manager to set your budget, create content and post to any of the Facebook platforms, including Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network.
Creating Your Content
Facebook ads are a little different to traditional marketing, not only in their variety of media but also their purpose. Great social media ads educate, empower and inform. They aren’t a hard sell and they’re not pushy. Here are some tips:
- Set it to Public – All your content should be public, or only your followers will see it.
- Know your audience – For content to drive traffic, it has to appeal to the audience you are targeting. Focus on aspects of your business or listings that would appeal directly to your audience’s priorities – great schools nearby for families, trendy gin bars for singles and couples, transport links for professionals, and outdoor spaces for nature-lovers.
- Be visual – Instagram and Facebook are visual platforms, so you want eye-catching, beautifully-shot photos, videos and virtual tours. Pick beautiful views from your properties, characterful features and other aspirational shots rather than more generic photographs.
- Post frequently – Post at least once a week to keep your brand fresh in everyone’s mind. Show off houses you’ve sold (and mention how quickly you sold them), share testimonials from happy clients, show off your behind-the-scenes work, share advice for potential buyers, share your blogs and, of course, announce new listings.
- Engage – If someone asks you a question in the comments or over messenger, respond quickly – at least within 24 hours. Fast communication is key in the real estate industry, and social media really places an emphasis on quick turnaround times. This will help build strong client relationships while demonstrating to your followers that you are responsive, engaged and active in your business.
Get Social and Get Leads with High-Impact Real Estate Sales Training and Continued Professional Development Programs
Global Real Estate Training is an industry training provider offering online real estate training courses for new and established professionals. We can assist you with soft skills training needed to excel in the real estate industry, and offer well-rounded, affordable real estate courses in administration, property management and sales. Feed your hunger for success and start building a strong career in real estate today.