For as long as society has been around, people have been trading property – it’s one of the reasons why becoming a real estate agent is such a solid career choice. But do you have what it takes to make a success of this competitive and exciting role? Here’s some insight from our team of real estate training specialists.
What Traits Do You Need to Succeed?
Becoming a real estate agent and qualifying for your real estate license takes some good, old-fashioned learning – but it’s important that you as a person have the character traits needed to turn these new skills into a successful career. A great real estate agent is:
- A people person – This is a career well-suited to people who enjoy meeting and building relationships with new people. On a daily basis, you’ll be dealing with a team of colleagues along with dozens of families looking for new homes, people who might be interested in selling, property investors and more. You should never get tired of seeing new faces!
- Self-disciplined – Even when you work at a real estate agency with great support, your success is down to you. What looks like an easy job from the outside is incredibly demanding – and only real estate agents with great self-discipline can succeed. You’ll be working long days, chasing new listings, developing and sharing marketing material, negotiating deals, taking multiple phone calls and meetings, arranging open house visits and so much more – all with a smile on your face. It’s tough but rewarding work for those who are determined and disciplined.
- A fast thinker – Being a real estate agent isn’t like a normal office job where there’s plenty of routine and not much else. Instead, it’s a fast-paced world where you have to work with people who want different things and where all sorts of surprises crop up. You need to be able to think quickly to allay the fears of buyers and sellers, to argue your worth and your position, and to negotiate to get your client in the strongest position.
- Focussed on the future – As a real estate agent, you need to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve and how you want to get there. It’s a demanding sales environment where you’ll have to work with a team while competing against every other agent out there. Great real estate agents don’t wander into the industry just to give it a try – they are people with a strong plan for success, who are goal orientated and focussed on where they want to be.
- Successful from the start – There’s no time to spare if you want to be a successful real estate agent. You have to hit the ground running or you’re going to miss out! This means taking every chance to learn from the best and to keep learning throughout your career. To keep your sales skills sharp, expand your skill set, find your niche in the industry or open your own business, you need to stay dedicated to industry-leading continued professional development and training throughout your career.
A Successful Real Estate Career Starts with the Right Training Partner
After reading all that, you probably feel a little nervous as well as overwhelmed – but that’s where an established real estate training partner comes in. At Global Real Estate Training, we focus our real estate training programs on preparing you with real-world industry experience.
Our aim is to help you hit the ground running, building your success story from Day One. Our training programs are available to beginners and established real estate agents, providing comprehensive training for your real estate career, honing your sales skills, learning effective administrative real estate and property management. With mentorship programs and a focussed curriculum, you get access to some of the best minds in the real estate industry, ensuring you learn from their success.
The best part? It’s all online, so you can learn at your own pace – when and how you want. Our courses are affordable and accessible thanks to our no deposit, interest free payment plans, making it easy to learn part time or on a budget.
To find out more about our real estate courses, including our high-impact real estate sales training courses, chat to our team today. Let us put 25 years of industry expertise in your hands!